03 Feb As You Are
We have had an incredible time over the past two weeks at NEXT discovering what it means to walk in God’s acceptance and grace. It has really transformed how I see myself in front of Him. If you recall in my lovely white board drawing two week ago, that this idea of climbing the “checklist of steps” to get closer to God is so bogus! Remember your are seated with Him! On his chair. Next to Jesus himself and he wants to lead you through life’s journey.
6For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus.
Last Sunday took us a bit deeper as we uncovered a deeper understanding of God’s grace for us through the lens of the man in the story of the adulterous woman.
One of the key things to remember is that the fullness of God’s grace is for you. As you are.
Our Father wants you to trust Him and receive is grace and salvation just as you are right now. You don’t have to change, do good works, and become “religious” to have a relationship with Him. All you need to do is trust in what He has done for you. He already finished all the work.
How much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.
- What are some ways that you potentially try to earn God’s love, favor, and gifts?
- Is it O.K. with you to trust and rely on God, or do you like being independent?
- What has your faith cost you personally?
Pray and Declare
The word baptism in Greek is baptizo. It means “to dip repeatedly, to immerse or to overwhelm.” The goal in all this “dipping” is permanent change, like soaking a cloth in dye to change the color or soaking a cucumber in brine so that it becomes a pickle. Throughout this week, pray, “Jesus, forever change me with Your love. I want to be so overwhelmed and immersed in Your goodness that I am never the same.” Set aside half an hour to be by yourself one day this week. Spend this entire time doing absolutely nothing except soaking in God’s love for you. Physically lay down with your eyes closed, which is a prophetic act of trusting in Him. The point is to learn to receive and lean your full weight on Him.
- I receive God’s valuable gifts freely — not by works (EPH. 2:9).
- I boast in this alone: that I truly know God and understand the LORD, who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth (JER. 9:24).
- I have discovered a priceless gold mine that is worth giving everything I have to own (MATT. 13:44).
I love you all so much! Have an super awesome week!