27 Jan Receiving From Him
This past Sunday night as we were reading through Ephesians 2v4-7 we dealt with receiving God’s grace and gifts. Not earning them as the world says we need to, but letting it be an actual gift! I’d like to take a few minutes to dive into that a bit more…
“Now if we are children, then we are heirs — heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ”
As God’s children, we have access to all of Heaven. He wants to share everything He has with us so that we will shine His character for all the world to see. We do not have to coerce Him into being our Father and providing for us. Instead, all we have to do is ask.
How can we encounter this reality more in our lives? What is keeping you from embracing this truth? Let’s ask the Holy Spirit to give us revelation so that we can own and embrace this truth.
- If you won the spiritual “lottery” and were instantly made a zillionaire of mercy and love, how would you spend it? Who would you spend it on?
- Imagine if the president or leader of your country asked you to become one of their advisors. How would this change your perspective of yourself?
- How does our receiving gifts freely help God to show the world what He is
Pray & Declare
- In Jesus, I am rich in mercy and love (EPH. 2:4)!
- It is only by receiving God’s loving grace that I have been saved (EPH. 2:5).
- I was raised from death and am now seated with God in the heavenly realms (EPH. 2:6).
- God points to me as an example of the incredible wealth of His grace and kindness toward the world (EPH. 2:7).