18 Apr Vintage City Kids Weekly | 4.19.15
Hi Vintage Families,
We hope you have had a great week and are ready for an awesome Sunday of worship with your church family tomorrow! Here is what your kids will be learning and doing tomorrow in Vintage City Kids…
This week in the elementary class, the kids will be learning about how Jesus Redeems us through the amazing story of when Jesus reinstates Peter into the ministry from John 21. When asked, Peter denied being a follower of Jesus three times, but this week, we will learn that Jesus forgave Peter and called him back to the ministry over a hot breakfast of fish and bread on the beach beside the Sea of Galilee. We all have made mistakes, but what Jesus is really looking for, is people who truly love him.
On a side note, the kids are having a hard time remembering to bring their Bibles to Vintage City Kids. We told them to set their Bible by their wallet and keys on Saturday night so they won’t forget on Sunday morning, but for some reason that hasn’t seemed to help! Can you help remind your children to bring their Bibles? Thanks!
In the pre-k classrooms, the little guys will be learning about The Great Commission and how Jesus Is The Good News! They will discuss with their teachers and their puppet about what this really means and then they will use their “Banana Phones” to call their friends and family to tell them the good news of Jesus! Once they are done making “Good News Phone Calls” they will then of course… eat their phones! How fun is that? 🙂
Last week at Student Leadership, we met for the first time in our new church home on Sharp Point Drive. The kids had a blast playing out in the grass, making new friends and then worshiping with NEXT (our Jr. High and High School ministry). These students continue to amaze me and make me proud week after week. Recently, we have been discussing the important topic of conflict resolution. The leaders brought a lot of great questions and comments to the discussion last week and we are excited to dive deeper into this topic.
This Week’s Details
Elementary Kid’s Church
- Bible Story: Jesus Reinstates Peter
- Bible Point: Jesus Redeems! (Backwards Hug)
- Scripture: John 21
- Memory Verse: “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Psalms 139:23-24
Ages 4’s-5’s//2’s-3’s//Toddler Nursery
- Bible Story: The Great Commission
- Bible Point: Jesus is the Good News!
- Scripture: Matthew 28:16-20
- Memory Verse: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” Isaiah 6:3b
- Bible Story: In depth look at our teaching from Sunday morning
- Scripture: John 21
- Leadership Topic: When You Don’t Agree (how to handle conflict)
- Help! I’m A Student Leader: Chapter 4
Be blessed! We will see you Sunday!