24 Oct VCK Weekly 10/20/14-10/26/14
Hello Vintage Families,
We hope you are having a great week and ready for a great Sunday!
This Sunday at Vintage City Kids, we are continuing to learn about the Israelites in Exodus 24 and this week, we will be learning about how God Initiates Relationship! We have a very cool object lesson planned for the elementary kiddos to help illustrate how God Initiates Relationship.
In our Bible Story, the Israelites responded to God by making animal sacrifices and agreeing to this covenant and relationship. Because of Jesus, we have a new way to respond to God initiating relationship with us through bread and cup, responding to God by remembering the sacrifice of his son Jesus and the new covenant we have with Him. We will be taking bread and cup with the elementary kids this Sunday. We are so excited to be able to share in this response, this act of worship with the kids on Sunday!
The pre-k kiddos (4’s-5’s, 2’s-3’s, Toddler Nursery) will be learning that “God is Worshipped” through the Psalms and that the word “Worship” literally means to give worth to something. The kids will get to participate in an animal cracker praise parade as well as a “words of worship” group activity. Worship is a key element to our Vintage culture and we are very thankful that the youngest at Vintage will be learning this foundational truth.
A Message for the Kids from Pastor Brett…
This Week’s Details
Elementary Kids Church
- Bible Story: Mount Sinai
- Bible Point: God Initiates Relationship
- Scripture: Exodus 24
- Memory Verse: “Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
Ages 4’s-5’s//2’s-3’s//Toddler Nursery
- Bible Story: Psalms
- Bible Point: God is Worshipped
- Scripture: Psalm 27:6; 30:11; 95:2; 98:4; 108:1; 149:3
- Memory Verse: “Trust in the Lord with all of your heart.” Proverbs 3:5
5th-6th Grade Student Leadership Class
- Leadership Topic: Serving Quietly
- Book Reading: Pages 22-25
- Scripture Reading: Matthew 6:1-4
It’s an honor to get to talk with your kids about the love of Christ! We are so thankful to have them in Vintage City Kids!
See you Sunday!
Pastor Brett and Brittany[subscribe2]