16 Aug VCK Weekly 8/11/14-8/17/14
Hi Vintage Families,
We hope you are all having a great week!
This week at Vintage City Kids the elementary students will be learning that “God keeps His promises! Pinky promise with your neighbor” through the story of God’s covenant and call with Abram. It is an incredible story! Granny Fanny herself will be coming to kids church to help tell the story – it’s gonna be a great Sunday!
The pre-k kiddos will be learning about the creation of man and the Fall. We have a super fun Sunday planned for them that will include dirt, leaves, play dough, a clothes relay race and the hokey pokey! They are going to have so much fun as they continue to learn about God’s creation of man and His plan for us to be with Him forever!
Big CONGRATS to the yellow small group in the elementary class as they crushed the awesome sauce competition last Sunday! During small group time, each group has the opportunity to earn “awesome sauce” for reciting the memory verse or Bible point, discussing the Bible story, listening well, etc. It is an intense competition between the small groups! 🙂 Way to go yellow small group!!
Judah Westdorp is the latest winner of the Frozen Yogurt Memory Verse Competition. Judah is super good about memorizing the scriptures and he finally had his name drawn from the list of kids who memorized their verses! Way to go, Judah!
We had a great time last night bonding with our amazing student leaders, eating pizza and seeing the awesome movie, How to Train Your Dragon 2 (we tried convincing them that Brett & Brittany were in the movie with our fun poster, but they couldn’t be fooled)! We are so blessed with such an incredible group of 5th/6th graders that love Jesus and love others!
This Week’s Details
Elementary Kids Church
- Bible Story: God’s Covenant and Call with Abram (Genesis 12; 15-16)
- Bible Point: God keeps His promises! Pinky Promise with neighbor
- Memory Verse: “Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.” Psalm 90:2
- Bible Story: The Fall and Restoration (Genesis 3)
- Bible Point: God made a way for me to web with Him forever!
- Memory Verse: “Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story.” Psalm 107:2a
Ages 2’s-3’s/Toddler Nurser
- Bible Story: The Very First People (Genesis 1-26-31;2:4-25)
- Bible Point: God made people!
Have a blessed day!
Pastor Brett and Brittany[subscribe2]