20 Jan Aligning with Him
This past Sunday we identified some of the schemes of the devil. It is good for us to acknowledge when they are present in our life and stop trying out whit him and let Jesus take the battle (because his is always victorious!). When we surrender to Christ, we align with him and are filled with hope, joy and love. These characteristics oppose what the devil wants for you. He want’s you to live in defeat, sadness and fear.
Align with Him Today
“You love justice and hate evil. Therefore God, your God, has anointed you, pouring out the oil of joy on you more than on anyone else”
When we align ourselves with God’s heart and what He stands for, we are going to be filled with joy. Our God is righteous and hates what unrighteousness does to people.
Our Father in Heaven is our protector, our guide, and our savior. He has seen everything that we have been through and suffers with us in our pain. These truths will bring so much comfort as we understand that God’s heart is always for us.
- What lies am I believing about myself? Where are these lies coming from?
- What truths am I going to replace those lies with? (Journal about what God speaks over you!)
Pray and Declare
- I am found and alive in the Father’s house! Let’s party (LUKE 15:24)!
- I breathe in Heaven’s freedom and live in Jesus’ Kingdom that is not of this world (JOHN 18:36).
- I live by the Spirit, and my desires are fulfilled in Him (GAL. 5:16).
- I fear the LORD and will hate evil. I hate pride and arrogance, corruption, and perverse speech (PROV. 8:13).
Live it Out
“Many of us have lost our true selves in the garbage of our lives. We, the church, are commissioned to develop a princely, prophetic culture that causes people’s destinies to be revealed. People will then be changed back into the people they were designed to be when God conceived them”
-Kris Vallotton, Bethel Church.
Many of your friends’ true selves are lost in the garbage of lies that they are believing about themselves.God has given us gifts to help reveal the treasure that is hidden in people’s hearts. Sit down with a friend this week and ask them if you could speak encouraging words over them. Practice using the gifts of spiritual insight that God has given to each of us. This simply means to ask God to reveal your friend’s strengths and giftings. Only say positive and encouraging words. We want to call out the gold, or treasure, that is in them.
1 COR. 14:3 “But one who prophesies strengthens others, encourages them and comforts them”