18 Nov When God Looks at You
I had a wonderful time diving into the Scriptures with all of you on Sunday Night. After our Star Wars chat, we dove into the scriptures. Here are the three “p’s” we talked about with our identity “in Christ” taken from Ephesians 1v1-4.
- We are blessed in our position in Christ. We have complete and uninhibited access to God’s presence (HEB. 4:16).
- We are blessed with God’s provision. Identity in Christ provides everything we will need to thrive (LUKE 12:24).
- God protects us from harm. He is our shepherd, our shield, and our safe haven (PSALM 91:2).
- When God looks at you, He sees the perfection of Jesus — He sees a saint in Christ. How does understanding this affect you personally?
- In Christ, we have as our identity holiness and blamelessness. How do you feel as a brand-new temple of God?
Pray and Declare
As you pray over these things proclaim this truths:
- My identity is in Christ — it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me (GAL. 2:20).
- God has already given me — past tense — every blessing and benefit of Heaven (EPH. 1:3).
- God chose me for Himself, set me apart for His purposes, and made me blameless in Christ (EPH. 1:4).
Live it out
The blessings we have in Christ show God’s loving-kindness to each of us, but they also empower each of us to minister His love and goodness to other people.
Ask the Holy Spirit to highlight to you one close friend or family member this week. Prayerfully consider how you can creatively bless your close friend or family member with the blessings Jesus has already given you. Give out of the provision that God has given you. This could be an email or text, money, a hug, a word of encouragement, etc. Make a plan and follow it through.
Love you all and I’m looking forward to Sunday night!